Two Becomes One! MyHome Combines Two Apartments in Midtown West with a Complete Renovation
The MyHome team was tasked with crafting a brand new home by combining two small apartments in a fourth floor walk up brownstone in Midtown West. One of our leading project managers, Eran Chelcinski, mastered this task from the long planning stages to its rewarding completion.
It took over a year to plan and get approved, but when our return client came to us wishing to convert two one bedroom apartments into one spacious, the MyHome team stepped up to the challenge. It truly was a full, floor-to-ceiling remodel, stripping everything to bare bones and recreating a new apartment.
Upgrades and updates completed on the 413 West 48th Street apartment include:
- A demo to two walls and adding square footage for the common area
- Framing two new bedrooms
- Framing a new bathroom
- Installation of electrical in an all new framing area
- Plumbing upgrades for waste and water lines for the new bathroom
- Plumbing upgrades for the washer and dryer
- Relocating two heat pipes
- Soundproofing via insulation and flooring
- Fire Proofing
- Newly framed and dropped ceiling
- New Flooring throughout
- New Paint throughout
- A custom crafted bench installed in the dining area
A truly unique project, it involved three separate inspections due to the new plumbing lines to the new bathrooms and new electrical panels running lines to the newly framed living areas. Chelcinski and his team had a behemoth of a project to complete, and they surmounted expectations over and over again.
Here are some of the the gorgeous photos of this full home renovation. Click here to see the full gallery.