A Project Manager plans, executes, closes, and receives full payment from client on remodeling projects. The Project Manager is responsible for execution according to schedule, budget, SOW, local building codes and building requirements, change orders and maintaining established profit margins. Additionally, PM is responsible for the job starting and completing according to predetermined schedules. Subs are properly scheduled, managed and compensated. And most importantly, client satisfaction with level of customer service, execution of the project and final outcome of the design, functionality and finish. Work as Key Team member and be available as a resource for all parties involved when needed.
NEW YORKAPPLY NOW
About The Job
- Direct interaction, with clients, contractors, stakeholders and internal teams. Act as main point of contact for the project from the confirmation meeting through to the completion and final payment of the project. Communication with clients, managers, purchasing, suppliers, vendors, designers, subcontractors, crews, building managers, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Attend project manager meetings and trainings as directed. Project Manager reports directly to the Production Manager/and or Operations Manager. Schedule, attend and lead external and internal meetings as needed.
- Assurance of site safety equipment, conditions and protocols. Maintain excellent project documentation. Maintain positive relationships with building management and assuring building rules and protocols are being followed.
- Identify and execute RFI’s, COL’s and COMs as needed.
- Layout and confirm rough-in locations, design details, and finishes per construction documents and client’s expectations.
- Maintain and execute own work schedule prioritizing tasks and duties. Maintain job site integrity including protection, organization, and cleanliness of finish materials, owner’s personal property, and existing finished areas.
- Maintain client trust and satisfaction from preconstruction through final delivery.
- Maintain project accounts receivables in accordance with milestones and collect milestone payments from beginning of project until completion and final payment. Maintain project files and data entry updates in project management platforms as needed.
- Maintain project profit margins and timeline schedules according to construction agreements. Negotiating and finalizing labor agreements with subcontractors. Ordering and tracking materials as needed.
- Manage a pipeline of 10-12 projects at one time typically broken down to 2-3 Pre-production/4-6 Active projects/2-3 punch list phase.
- Participate/lead pre-production confirmation meetings including verifying field measurements, site conditions, SOW, plans, tentative start dates, materials, and equipment needed to proficiently execute the project and provide accurate and detailed notes to the team. Additionally, understand and incorporate client expectations and building management rules into POA.
- Regular site visits followed by updates to project file, POA, and notifications to management team and clients with urgent/pending issues.
- Schedule crews, outside deliveries, riser shutdowns, trades and other specialty contractors as needed. Schedule deliveries, and inventory of finish materials.
- Schedule, manage and execute warranty service calls as assigned. Scheduling, assessing and creating POA for warranty calls as needed.