Tips & Suggestion for Your Home Improvement Project
- Identify Goals – Before you begin, think about the goals you want to achieve. Is stellar design the driving force? Improved functionality? Resale? Perhaps you’re looking for energy savings? Or maybe it’s a combination of all these elements?
- Get the Vision – Give yourself the creative space to envision what you want. Take a walk through one of our showrooms and get inspired by the different materials and displays.
- Know the Process – Before you hire a renovation or remodeling company, ask them about their process and how they approach projects.
- Check References – Check references and make sure the remodeling or renovation company you’re considering is reliable, stable and professional.
- Start by Planning – The more time you spend planning, the easier the process is. It’s much more efficient to follow a plan than to work ad hoc.
- Know Your Budget – Develop a budget range for yourself that will help you make decisions when you are choosing materials and appliances.
- Choose a Point Person – A renovation project has many moving parts so make sure that you have a Project Manager who will be dedicated to the project from beginning to end.
- Communicate Clearly – Communication is an important part of a successful renovation project. Ask a lot of questions and work with a company that you trust to give you the answers.
- Secure Warranties – Ask your contractor if they have a warranty for their work and make sure you get all the warranty information for the manufacturers.
- Enjoy the Process – While a major renovation project can be disruptive, it doesn’t have to be stressful. When you have the right company, you’ll enjoy the process and revel in the results.
Helpful Article for Renovating in Manhattan
- How to Prepare for Your NYC Apartment Renovation
- The Typical Workflow for a Kitchen Renovation
- Should You DIY Your NYC Renovation or Hire a Contractor?
- 7 Tips to Start Planning Your NYC Kitchen Renovation
- Essential Kitchen Upgrades for NYC Homeowners