Meet with MyHome clients to understand the design needs and client preferences and material selections regarding interior styles and colors. Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function. Responsibilities also include managing and following up on progress of work throughout all phases of design, fabrication, and construction, working closely with our RC’s and PMs on each step of every project. Visiting job sites to take initial measurements, analyze space availability, design needs and the purpose of the space.
NEW YORKAPPLY NOW
About The Job
- Attending weekly meetings with design manager to review pipeline.
- Create material lists based on client selections. Sell the materials to the clients and prepare a project binder for the project managers. Implement all orders and process these orders. Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Creating initial architectural drawings, mood boards, color themes and ideas based on client requirements and space availability.
- Creating interior design concepts and presentations for clients. Keep, maintain, and share all design documents for all your project files. Use computer-aided drafting (Chief Architect) and related software to produce construction documents and field binders. (Use company approved software, hardware, and templates).
- Familiarize yourself with products and how to find info and answers to make sure products are ordered correctly. Place and track cabinetry orders.
- Setting up confirmation meetings to confirm measurements and materials selected.